Community Support Specialist
|December 06, 2012 - January 06, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
Our Deaf Mental Health Services program (DMHS) is searching for a Community Support Specialist (070-500CSS) to work part-time (afternoon/evening hours 2-3 days per week) at our drop in center.
The purpose of the Community Support Specialist position is to provide overall staff support and direction to the Deaf Mental Health Services Program drop-in center services. The Community Support Specialist also has primary responsibility for scheduling and planning recreational/social activities in the drop-in. The CSP Specialist will provide psychosocial rehabilitation skill training to individual clients, and provide information, referrals, and advocacy for clients both in the center and in the community.
This position may require you to provide transportation to recipients using a personal vehicle.
Position requirements include:
- Fluency in American Sign Language
- Bachelorís Degree
- Two years full time experience providing direct services to adults with serious and persistent mental illness
- Must have a current drivers license
- Good driving record
- Current auto insurance
- Reliable personal vehicle
- Must possess a telephone or system that allows 2-way communication with the program
Preferred qualifications include:
- A Masterís Degree in a human service related field such as psychology, social work, or a field related to mental health
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.