Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker 380010
|July 10, 2013 - August 06, 2013|
|Location:||Montreal Courts - Little Canada, MN|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
Our Montreal Courts program is seeking a part-time Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker (380010). Montreal Courts is located in a large apartment complex in Little Canada and serves 20 adults who live in their own apartments. It is a Class F and Housing With Services licensed program for adults with Serious and Persistent Mental Illness (SPMI) as well as chronic medical conditions. The program will provide the necessary array of individualized services to these clients to help maintain independent living in a community setting.
The hours for this position are every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday 12:00am - 8:30am (Awake Overnights).
The Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker will support our clients in achieving their goals toward independence. This position must stay current on each clientís Goal Plan, Emergency Plan and Risk Management Plan in order to provide immediate and appropriate support and to guide our clients through crisis prevention and intervention. Responsibilities are to:
- Support and supervise clients living within the program
- Model and teach independent living skills
- Counsel clients through crises
- Administer medications
- Log observable behaviors and document progress
- Maintain cleanliness of common areas by dusting, cleaning bathrooms and kitchens, mopping, etc as necessary
All staff must agree to attend monthly staff meetings and supervision meetings.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid driverís license
- Excellent driving record
- Reliable vehicle
- Current auto insurance
Within the previous ten years has:
- Associate of Arts degree in one of the behavioral sciences or human services
- Registered Nurse without a bachelorís degree
- Two years of personal life experience with serious and persistent mental illness;
- Two years life experience as primary care giver to an adult with a serious mental
- illness or traumatic brain injury; or
- 2000 hours of supervised paid work experience in the delivery of mental health services to adults with a serious mental illness or traumatic brain injury
- Is in final semester before obtaining a bachelorís degree in behavioral science field
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.