Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker 495010
|April 02, 2013 - June 15, 2013|
|Location:||Dakota Apartment Program - Burnsville, MN|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
Our Dakota Apartment Program Supportive Housing has an open position for a part-time Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker (495010) role. This is an ASLEEP position with shifts beginning at 11:30p and concluding at 7:30am the next day. Staff are required to remain at the program during that time and must be able to answer all emergency calls during the overnight hours (call frequency is very light). This staff provides services to adults with a variety of mental health diagnoses or disabilities. There is no requirement that clients (adults 18+) served by Dakota Apartment Program have a particular diagnosis. Most clients have a significant mental health component in their service plan. Their diagnoses or disabilities may include mental illness, traumatic brain injury, learning disabilities or cognitive impairment, and other related conditions.
Hours for the position are every other weekend on Saturday and Sunday mornings 11:30pm – 7:30am.
When awake MHRW staff will:
- Provide crisis prevention/intervention services to clients
- Monitor clients for symptoms of decompensation, crisis, and medication side effects
- Intervene when necessary
- Request assistance from on-call staff, as the situation requires
- Maintain awareness of program policies and rules
- Clarify policies and procedures for the clients
- Chart, log, and report orally as required by program policy
- Incorporate Goal Plan and RMAP/IAPP into interactions with the clients
- Assist clients with problem solving, provides supportive crisis counseling, and utilizes on-call staff as necessary to prevent or handle behavioral crisis
- Administer medications according to program policy and has basic knowledge of psychotropic medication and side effects
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.