Mental Health Practitioner II/III ON CALL 840003
|March 07, 2013 - March 31, 2013|
|Location:||Riverwind IRTS - Coon Rapids, MN|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
Our IRTS facility in Anoka County is looking for a part-time Mental Health Practitioner II/III (840003) to work On-Call. The Riverwind Crisis Residence is an 8-bed short-term residential mental health crisis facility in Coon Rapids, MN. This program provides assessment, intervention and stabilization services for adults in Anoka County. This program also offers short-term, mental health crisis residential services.
This is an on-call position. Shifts will be available as needed throughout the week and weekend, primarily on the evening (4p-12:30a) and overnight (12a-8:30a) shifts
Mental Health Practitioners provide clinical services for substance use, illness management & recovery, socialization, problem solving, as well as training in independent living skills. This position will also combine Clinical and Rehabilitative interventions for:
- Treatment of chemical dependency
- Treatment of mental illness
- Case review of current symptoms and necessary interventions
- Contribution toward the development of Individual Treatment Plans
- Development of living skills
All candidates must commit to attend monthly all-staff meetings, supervision, and required trainings. All candidates must be available to work evening and overnight shifts as needed.
- Masterís degree in behavioral science field
- Bachelorís degree in behavioral science field AND
- 4,000 hours supervised experience in the delivery of services to people with serious and persistent mental illness
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic understanding of harm-reduction, motivational interviewing, and client-centered care
- Previous experience working in a residential and/or crisis setting
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.