Support Specialist/Mental Health Practitioner I 700003
|February 26, 2013 - May 01, 2013|
|Location:||Epilepsy & Mental Health Services - Minneapolis, MN|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||Epilepsy and Mental Health Services (EMHS) is seeking a part time Support Specialist/Mental Health Practitioner I(700003).
Epilepsy and Mental Health Services provides support to clients with SPMI, TBI, and Epilepsy. EMHS offers ILS & Class F - Customized Living services to clients that live on-site and throughout the metro area. Epilepsy and Mental Health services is a 24 hour program providing Customized Living services to clients that live on site with medical needs and medication management 365 days a year. EMHS also provides case management services to persons with Epilepsy or TBI under a state grant funded program. We help our clients achieve their goals that have been identified which could include: organization, finding affordable housing, budgeting, volunteering, cooking, cleaning, socialization, illness management, and other goal areas.
The typical hours for the position are every other weekend, Saturday & Sunday, 12:00am Ė 8:30am.
This Support Specialist/Mental Health Practitioner Iwill typically assist clients with medical or medication support during overnight hours. Additional responsibilities include:
EMHS is located at the Minneapolis Public Housing Authority Cedars High-Rise.
- Creating MARS
- Preparing and tracking administrative data
- Cleaning and filing
- Excellent driving record
- Valid driverís license
- Current auto insurance
- High School Diploma
- 2,000 hours of experience working with people who have severe and persistent mental illness
- Associateís degree in human services with experience
- Bachelorís degree in behavioral science field
- Supervised experience in the delivery of services to people with severe and persistent mental illness
- Experience working with people with Epilepsy and and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Experience providing Independent Living Skills support and instruction
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.