Housing Support Specialist 720001
|February 15, 2013 - March 06, 2013|
|Location:||Safe Haven - Hennepin County, MN|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
Our Homeless Services Safe Haven program in Hennepin County is searching for a part-time Support Specialist (720001). Safe Haven is a transitional housing program for the chronic homeless population. We are a 10 bed, board & lodge style facility that utilizes a harm reduction approach.
Hours for the position are every Thursday & Sunday, 3:00pm-11:30pm.
The position provides a wide range of supportive services including:
All staff are required to participate in regular staff meetings and required trainings.
- Help to develop independent living skills
- Medication education and administration
- Crisis support
- Behavior documentation
- Support with goal plans
- Assistance with mental illness symptoms
- Meal preparation
- Light cleaning
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Associate’s Degree in the behavioral sciences
- Two years work experience in human services
- Experience providing direct services to adults with serious and persistent mental illness and/or chemical dependency
- Experience in case management
- Previous work with adults who are homeless
- Knowledgeable about medication administration
- Ability to cook/prepare meals for 10 recipients
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.