Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker - Asleep overnight 380001
|February 01, 2013 - February 15, 2013|
|Location:||Montreal Courts - Little Canada, MN|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
Our Montreal Courts program is seeking a part-time Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker for an ASLEEP overnight position. Montreal Courts is located in a large apartment complex in Little Canada and serves 20 adults who live in their own apartments. It is a Class F and Housing With Services licensed program for adults with Serious and Persistent Mental Illness (SPMI) as well as chronic medical conditions. The program will provide the necessary array of individualized services to these clients to help maintain independent living in a community setting.
The hours for this position are Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 12:00am Ė 8:00am.
The Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker (MHRW) provides support and supervision of clients living in the program within the guidelines of each client's Goal Plan, the Crisis Assistance Plan, and Individual Abuse Prevention Plan. This ASLEEP overnight acts as backup to an AWAKE overnight MHRW. This position will sleep in quarters provided by the program but must be available in case of emergency. If assistance is required this person will be responsible for waking up to support the client before returning to sleep.
- Becomes familiar with resident profiles and plans
- Provides crisis prevention/intervention services to clients
- Requests support from on-call staff if necessary
- Documents behaviors for reporting to day staff
- Administers medications
- Participates in staff meetings and all required in-service trainings
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- High school Diploma or equivalent
AND one of the following:
Associateís Degree in behavioral science or human services
In the final semester before obtaining a bachelorís degree in a behavioral science field
Within the previous ten years has:
- Two years of personal life experience with serious and persistent mental illness
- Two years life experience as primary care giver to an adult with a serious mental illness or traumatic brain injury
- 2000 hours of supervised paid work experience in the delivery of mental health services to adults with a serious mental illness or traumatic brain injury
A Bachelor's or Masterís Degree in a Human Service field
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.