Support Specialist 550001 - INTERNAL POST ONLY
|February 12, 2013 - February 28, 2013|
|Location:||Deaf Supported Living - Minneapolis, MN|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Our Deaf Supported Living (DSL) program is searching for a full-time Support Specialist for an AWAKE overnight position. This program provides supportive 24-hour Customized Living Services for adults who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deaf-Blind, who use or want to use sign language as their primary mode of communication and who experience a mental illness. These services are provided in a ten-unit apartment building in NE Minneapolis.
Typical hours for the position are Sunday through Thursday, 12:00am Ė 8:30am.
The Support Specialist will provide awake, overnight support and supervision to clients in the program within the guidelines of each residentís Individual Abuse Prevention Plan, Individual Treatment Plan (ITP) and Emergency Plan. This position also:
Staff help participants learn how to manage their finances, housing, medical care, community resources, transportation and other life skills.
- Assists clients with problem solving and daily concerns
- Participates in independent living skills supervision and education
- Supports leisure and recreational activities
- Logs observable behaviors and documents progress
- Passes medication and supports medication management
- Performs light housekeeping and maintenance duties
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Excellent driving record
- Current auto insurance
- Reliable personal vehicle
AND ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.